Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Poppin' Tags

This past weekend I was up in Boston (more of a commute now than a vacation) and I experienced: a late Valentine's Day, a thrift-shop inspired house-warming party, and big falling snowflakes (more glamorous than the rain here that just freezes and makes bad drivers worse).

To prepare for the house-warming festivities, Evan and I adventured to Savers to pick out our thrift threads.  There was a competition at the party for the best dressed and Evan and I are competitive, so, needless to say, we were at Savers for quite a while.  After trying on a few oversized sweaters and vests from the 1980s (see below), Evan decided on a paisley print button-up shirt and oversized, knitted cardigan with a bright green belt.



I, however, chose to keep it simple, wearing something that my first grade teacher wore about 15 years ago.  I sported a lovely denim dress with an NYC-inspired cardigan that had large NYC-related statements on it.

The party was fun - I learned how to play a new drinking game called "Toll Booth" (a lot of fun and I highly recommend it!)  We socialized, saw snow in Rhode Island (where this new house is), and had a great time.  Evan ended up winning second prize.  The prizes were extremely appropriate, purchased from the thrift shop.  He won a wooden plack with a Bible verse on it.  Pretty nice, and it was good to be on the "winning team."  Then it was home to relax, enjoy the Sunday snow, and fly home for the work week. 

P.S. If you haven't watched the Poppin' Tags video, do it.  It would have helped me better prepare my outfit for the party... and the tune is also quite catchy.  "Is that your grandma's coat?"

No comments:

Post a Comment